Federal and State Regulations
Define sexual harassment as unwanted sexual advances, or visual, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature where it explicitly or implicitly affects an individual’s employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual’s work performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment. This broad definition includes many forms of offensive behavior and includes a partial list of behaviors:
- Visual conduct: leering, making sexual gestures, displaying of sexually suggestive objects or pictures, cartoons or posters.
- Verbal conduct: making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs and jokes. Verbal abuse of a sexual nature, graphic verbal commentaries about an individual’s body, sexually degrading words used to describe an individual.
- Physical conduct: touching, assault, impeding or blocking movements.
- Offering employment benefits in exchange for sexual favors.
Making or threatening retaliatory action after receiving a negative response to sexual advances.
Last minute? No problem, we have you covered!
How do I protect my organization?
- Have a validated sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation policy reviewed and signed by all employees: managers, supervisors, and employees. (We can help you create one too!)
- Consistently follow your policy and immediately address and stop all unlawful harassment, discrimination or bullying.
- Provide regular compliance training opportunities for all employees on topics such as:
- Anti Harassment Training
- Bullying Prevention Training
- Workplace Diversity Training
- Communication and other Soft Skills Training
Ready to book? CLICK HERE
Read Sexual Harassment Blogs from our harassment trainers
View California Cities and Locations where Sexual Harassment Seminars are regularly held
For more information or to request a Sexual Harassment Certified Trainer
email@example.com or call 916-209-3298
++The information provided on this page above is not intended or implied to be legal advice but rather suggestions from our customers.